List:       php-install
Subject:    [PHP-INSTALL] SIMPLEST possible php install on Mac OS 10.5
From:       Govinda <govinda.webdnatalk () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-20 5:42:59

Hi all,

100% newbie here. I did some old html/webcatalog programming up till
2000 (for those few who know what that was). I never touched a server
as such. Now I'm back into coding and I am trying to get my local
setup complete so I can develop here before I bother anyone else's
machine. A friend set up apache, webmin, and mySQL here for me (on my
Mac OS 10.5.4). I watched him but couldn't repeat for the life of me
(all unix/open source is ALL new to me). I did search docs the best I
could to learn how to install, but I only got this far:

-------from the docs--------
"User Contributed Notes
Using the bundled PHP
Anonymous
15-Dec-2007 11:19
As of Leopard the instructions here are out of date. To enable the
bundled PHP in Leopard you need to edit /etc/apache2/httpd.conf.
There is a line commented out that loads php5_module. Uncomment it
and restart the web server. That should be all you need to do to get
PHP support to work.
-------/ from the docs--------

If the anonymous poster meant to look in a dir called "etc/" on the
root of the drive, then I don't see that here. I searched and found
this file tho:
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/usr/include/apache2/http_config.h

I open it, but find no match for the string "php".

Hope this isn't too beginner even for the install list!

thanks,
-Govinda