List:       php-install
Subject:    [PHP-INSTALL] Building php on OS X Leopard PPC
From:       Scott Haneda <talklists () newgeo ! com>
Date:       2008-08-11 21:05:24

Hello, I am trying to get php built on OS X Leopard, PPC Dual CPU 2.5
I have tried mac ports, am not happy with MAMP, the default Apple
supplied php5 does no more than prove to me it is possible, but lacks
basic features.

I figure, build it myself, for which, I am not much of an expert on.

I download source php5 and see the INSTALL notes for OS X only point
to entropy.ch to download a binary.  That would be fine, but there is
no longer support for this from entropy.ch.

I run ./confgure which as far as I know, should be a very basic install.
then run make, and I get errors:

/Users/me/Desktop/source/php-5.2.6/ext/date/lib/parse_date.c: In
function 'timelib_strtotime':
/Users/me/Desktop/source/php-5.2.6/ext/date/lib/parse_date.c:22383:
internal compiler error: Bus error
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for instructions.
make: *** [ext/date/lib/parse_date.lo] Error 1

Before I even go down the road of building out all the other libraries
and such, I suppose I need to resolve this first.  Can anyone point me
to resources that will help with this.

Thanks
--
Scott