List:       php-install
Subject:    [PHP-INSTALL] Upgrading from 64-bit PHP 5.04
From:       Scott Ackerman <lists () scott-ackerman ! com>
Date:       2007-09-26 19:06:14

I have a dedicated hosting server and it has 64-bit FC4 installed with
64-bit PHP 5.04. I have found many apps that won't work with the 64-bit
version of PHP5.04 (seems to be a little buggy) and would like to
upgrade. I have retrieved the RPM's for the 64-bit PHP 5.16, the
question is how do I go about upgrading without having downtime on the
server since it is a live server hosting many clients? RPM -U and then
restart Apache? I am using PHP as a loadable module in Apache so it is
not compiled into it.

Also I have the following modules installed as well:

php-bcmath
php-dba
php-devel
php-gd
php-imap
php-mbstring
php-mysql
php-ncurses
php-soap
php-xml
php-xmlrpc

do I have to upgrade these as well?

--
Scott Ackerman
1212 Baker Street

"Every improvement in the standard of work men do is followed swiftly and inevitably \
by an improvement in the men who do it" - William Morris