List:       php-install
Subject:    Re: [PHP-INSTALL] problem loading mysql dlls
From:       Bob Newsome <bobn () servin ! us>
Date:       2007-09-19 15:05:09

Thanks for your suggestions, Andy

I added the path to the php binary directory and also copied
libmysql.dll  to c:\Windows as you suggested.  I also uncommented the
ldap extension in php.ini to see if it would be loaded in phpinfo.php
and it was indeed loaded with no problem.  But the "specified procedure
could not be found" start up  error persists for the mysql extensions.

My guess is that some registry entry or other bug deep in Windows is
hijacking the dll request and substituting a path that leads nowhere
from an earlier installation of PHP.   I'm not a windows expert,  so
unless someone comes up with another suggestion I plan to move all of my
work to a backup machine and reload windows. This will probably be
quicker that trying to track down the problem,  and its not a bad idea
to reload Windows every year or two anyway just to get rid of
accumulated junk.