List:       php-install
Subject:    [PHP-INSTALL] php won't finish 'make' in redhat 7.3, php 4.3.3
From:       66.138.146.214
Date:       2003-09-24 21:44:32

System: PHP 4.3.3 on redhat 7.3, i686, Apache 1.3.27

Make won't find the libltdl.la library, which causes it to die. I've
looked all over the net, pretty carefully, and can't find a solution.
The truth is, libltdl.la does not exist on my server, though
libltdl.so.3.1.0 and lbltdl.so.3 both do exist, even in the path that
make wanted them in.

Here's what make says:

grep: /usr/lib/libltdl.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libltdl.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libltdl.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make: *** [libphp4.la] Error 1

Any assistance, even a push in the right direction, is greatly appreciated.

Austin