List:       php-install
Subject:    [PHP-INST] php 4.3.1 on Solaris 9 with Iplanet webserver 6.0
From:       "Dave Gargan" <dave () spottedpaw ! com>
Date:       2003-03-31 19:37:18

Hello everyone.  I'm trying to get php 4.3.1 installed and working with
Iplanet Webserver 6.0 on a Solaris 9 box.  Here is the configure string I
am using:

../configure --with-mysql=/opt/sfw/mysql \
                --with-nsapi=/usr/iplanet/iws \
                --enable-track-vars \
                --enable-libgcc

I had to hack the Makefile a little so that if finds the mysql libs
properly.  I commented out the for loop where it attempts to find
libmysqlclient.* and hard coded MYSQL_LIB_DIR=/opt/sfw/mysql/lib/mysql
around line 47933.  No biggie, it compiles without errors now.

However, though it will go through make and make install without errors,
the libphp4.so never gets created or installed.  I tried version 4.3.0 of
php with the same problem, libphp4.so never gets built.

Has anyone else seen this before?  I haven't found any fixes after some
google searches for this problem.

Dave