List:       php-install
Subject:    [PHP-INST] Apache 2.x w/ mod_php
From:       Jay Cornwall <jay () evilrealms ! net>
Date:       2002-09-02 23:37:59

Hi

I've compiled and installed the latest stable version of mod_php (4.2.2
wouldn't compile without errors) with (Linux) Apache 2.0.40, and it seems to
be working fine.

My .php files are parsed correctly, but I was wondering if I can do the same
for embedded PHP (<?php ... ?>) in .html files?

I've tried adding this to my httpd.conf:
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

But the PHP code remains unparsed, and all the pages are returned with type
application/x-httpd-php (which makes my browser ask if I wish to save the
page, rather than viewing it :/).

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jay