List:       php-i18n
Subject:    [PHP-I18N] Proposal related in development of PHP  in China
From:       "Haydn Huang" <haydn () dotsino ! com>
Date:       2000-08-18 8:18:26

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Beijing Orient Rich Technology Co., Ltd.
Address:         Room 1516,
Peking University Resource Hotel,
No.1, Road Yiheyuan,
 District Haidian,
 Beijing, China
Phone:  086 010 62750862

email:haydn@dotsino.com
http:// www.orientrich.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

    Firstly, I want to extend my heartfelt respect to you and your colleagues for \
your great contribution to the development of free software. With your great effort, \
people all over the world(incl. China mainland) can use PHP to build their impressive \
web site.

    Secondly, I represent Beijing Orient Rich Technology Co.,Ltd. to offer you a \
proposal of co-operation:

    Our company acts as a pioneer in China mainland that hammer at developing, \
propagating and spreading free software in China. We have strong belief in the spirit \
of Free Software Movement. We not only follow the rule of Free software society, but \
also devote ourselves to the development of Free Software Movement in China. We \
provide our customers the best network solutions based on free software and \
professional technical support services, and have achieved close ties with a great \
number of free software amateurs in our country.

    In today's China, more and more people begin to realize the advantages and \
importance of free software. They hope to benefit from these software resources. But, \
many of them still have trouble in doing so. Lack of software access and technical \
supports blocks their way towards free software society. We take it as our \
responsibility to help them. So, we have started a nonprofit project named Free \
Dragon which aim at the development of free software movement in China. So, We are in \
need of your support and cooperation.

Your may take a look at our proposal:

   1. We have established a mirror site of www.php.net on a server located in China, \
under the domain of www.php.org.cn (I'm sorry, www.php.net.cn has been taken by \
someone else), You may check the mirror site www.php.org.cn and add it into your \
mirror sites list. So that people in China can appreciate and benefit greatly from \
your works;

   2. We will translate this mirror site into Chinese language, so that all Chinese \
people can easily visit the site and access your software products and technical \
support, and have their questions and ideas discussed;

   3. We plan to add download service of a Chinese version of your software products \
on a ftp server, so Chinese people can get and use your excellent software \
conveniently;

   4. By exchanging technical articles between us, both we can get good ideas on \
improving the function of the software and promote the development of free software \
movement;

   5. We would like to provide and support network solutions based on your software \
products(PHP) and other excellent free softwares in our country;

   6. We plan to provide free e-mail services for our respectful free software \
amateurs, e.g.   username@php.org.cn;

  Thank you for your time to consider our proposal.

    If your organization has any plan to expand business in China, We are sure to \
give a hand.

       We expect your immediate reply.

                     With much thanks!

Sincerely  yours