List:       php-i18n
Subject:    Re: [PHP-I18N] intl / resourcebundle: Invitation to comment
From:       Joel Sahleen <jsahleen () adobe ! com>
Date:       2010-08-16 20:46:04

I am using the Intl ResourceBundle class on a large-scale
internationalization project, and I noticed that when you create a bundle
and then use iteration (i.e., foreach) to loop through the entries, there is
no fallback if entries are missing.

I have one bundle for en_US that is empty, and have put all en_US strings in
root, so that the system will always fall back to US English. If I use the
bundle's get Method the fallback works fine, but the following code returns
null:

$bundle = new ResourceBundle('en_US', 'path/to/bundle/dir', TRUE);
foreach($bundle as $token => $value){
	echo $bundle[$token] . "\n"; // always returns null if bundle is empty;
does not fallback to root
}

I'm not sure if this is a bug or how the class is designed to work, but I
thought I should bring it up.

Thanks.

Joel Sahleen
Software Engineer