List:       php-i18n
Subject:    [PHP-I18N] Re: Japanese text not displaying correctly.
From:       64.21.36.2
Date:       2003-06-26 15:46:08

Thanks for the reply Jean-Christian.

I'm using IE5+ and NS4+.

I did not save the file in UTF-8 format. After trying that though what
happens is odd characters appear on the first line of my page. I am
guessing from the UTF-8 signature character or something. Also the
characters do not appear correctly in NS4.

page.php:
<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Language" content="ja">
</head>
<?php
include("lng_page_ja.php");

echo "home in japanese:";
echo "<br><br>$home";

?>

I then have an include file with the Japanese text assigned to the
variable $home.

lng_page_ja.php:
<?php
$home = "&atilde;&#402;&#8250;&atilde;&#402;&frac14;&atilde;&#402;";

?>