List:       php-gtk-general
Subject:    [PHP-GTK] PHP-GTK 1.x and WINE 1.x?
From:       Benjamin Smith <lists () benjamindsmith ! com>
Date:       2008-06-17 21:26:56

I read today that WINE is now officially a 1.x application. So, I spent an
hour or so working out the deps for WINE and got it working without too much
trouble. (Yay!)

However, there are/were some screen update problems that I've found: it
often "picks up" graphics from underneath the window, as well as inheriting
graphics from windows that open/close "on top" of the running application.

I don't see similar issues with other applications in WINE 1.x, which has (so
far) been very nice...

Here's what this looks like:
http://chico.benjamindsmith.com/screenshot.png

Any ideas where to go with this one?

-Ben

PS: It may seem counterinituive to use Wine to run an application ported from
Linux/X11 to Windows, but with all the packaging nightmares, (RPM? Deb? BSD?
Tar file? Distro Version?) I thought it might be nice to use WINE so that I
could support all of them at once...
Only those who reach toward a goal are likely to achieve it.

believed to be clean.