List:       php-gtk-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP-GTK] New version of the wix installer(again...)
From:       kksou <kksou () kksou ! com>
Date:       2007-06-22 16:43:46

Fernando Correa da Conceição-3 wrote:
> 1. I can not make the sourceview works correct, see this post by kksou:
> http://www.kksou.com/php-gtk2/articles/use-GtkSourceView-to-display-source-code---Part-1.php
>
> I used this but can not make it works.
> Now I found the error, and it is in you package, Elizabeth. try this
> sample(from the url above) with your package and get an error like this:
>
> Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PhpGtkConstructException' with message
> 'could not construct GtkSourceBuffer object' in
> C:\teste.phpw:8
> Stack trace:
> #0 C:\teste.phpw(8): GtkSourceBuffer::new_with_language(NULL)
> #1 {main}
> thrown in C:\teste.phpw on line 8
>
> But using the language-specs from 1.6 as posted by kksou works fine. But
> we do not need add it to documents and settings(as kksou said), only
> change the ones that are in the package.
>
> So after all this, please test the installer, but it do not contains the
> fix above(I found this while I am writing this email, so in the next
> version of the installer I will add it).
>
> Fernando Correa da Conceição

Hi Fernando,

Please refer to
http://www.kksou.com/php-gtk2/articles/use-GtkSourceView-to-display-source-code---Part-1.php

1. I have updated the mime types (thanks to Elizabeth Smith for pointing
this out).

2. The sample code given there now works with the Gnope version, the build
by Elizabeth Smith and the new beta release.

For your info, all I've changed is line 8 from
    $lang = $lang_mgr->get_language_from_mime_type("text/x-php");
to:
    $lang = $lang_mgr->get_language_from_mime_type("application/x-php");

The error was caused by the wrong mime type for php. "application/x-php"
works for the new versions of php-gtk2 as well as Gnope version.

Regards,
/kksou