List:       php-gtk-general
Subject:    [PHP-GTK] Re: aspell/pspell dictionary and Windows
From:       24.247.219.180
Date:       2007-06-14 2:03:12

Benjamin Smith wrote:
> I'm trying to get aspell/pspell and php4-gtk1 load properly in Windows, but
> I'm having a tough time doing so.
>
> I've gotten as far as getting the .dll files for aspell/pspell loaded in
> php.ini, and the pspell functions can be called, but when I try to open a
> dictionary, I get
>
> 	PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: No word lists can be found for
> the language "en".
>
> I've tried copying over all the en* files from the aspell Windows installer
> directory to the php executable directory, as well as doing the same thing
> with the dictionary files from the aspell website.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

The aspell windows binaries from http://aspell.net (the installer) are
broken - they're not relocatable.  You can 1. install it in c:/aspell
where it's hard wired to go, or 2. leave it where it's at and add the
directory to the place where you installed aspell to your $PATH variable
but that's kind of a dirty hack.  I'm working on builds of a newer
aspell version that I put fixes in to make it relocatable but until
that's done you'll have to use one of the other methods;