List:       php-gtk-general
Subject:    [PHP-GTK] php-gtk and bcompiler: problems...
From:       "=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Andr=E9_Jansen?=" <theflyingdutchman () libero ! it>
Date:       2007-03-05 16:28:54

Hi All,

(may be slightly off topic, but I understand that there's quite some
interest in bcompiler in the php-gtk community, and also that Alan K.
reads this list :))

I spent a nice sunday evening trying to get bcompiler to work, but no
luck.

Most of the classes I use are - as might be expected - custom extensions
of Gtk widgets, like so:

class myWidget extends GtkWidget
{
	public function __construct($name) {
		parent::__construct();
		$this->set_name($name);
	}
}

I generated bytecode as follows:

include('mywidget.php');

$fh = fopen('mywidget.phb','wb');
bcompiler_write_header($fh);
bcompiler_write_class($fh,'myWidget','GtkWidget');
// the third parameter here is called 'extends', according to
// the documentation...
bcompiler_write_footer($fh);
fclose($fh);

So far, so good.

When I attempt to load the generated code...:

include('mywidget.phb');

$foo = new myWidget('bar');

... the script dies, complaining loudly that myWidget::set_name() is
undefined.
In other words, any and all methods that myWidget should have inherited
from GtkWidget got lost somewhere.

However, when I open the bytecode with a hex editor I can see the names
of all of GtkWidget's methods, in plain text near the end of the file :)

For the record, I used the win32 bcompiler dll from snaps.php.net, 5.1
branch, with everything else being Gnope 1.5...

Am I doing something terribly wrong, or is this a bcompiler issue?

Any pointers welcome.
--
André