List:       php-gtk-general
Subject:    [PHP-GTK] Calling IE for a form POST?
From:       Benjamin Smith <bens () effortlessis ! com>
Date:       2004-11-04 0:46:00

Has anybody here used IE/COM to do a form POST?

It's trivial to use GET, just use

<?
$obj=
$obj->Navigate($url_including_url_params);
?>

But, what if you need to hide particular values so it's not in the browser
history? (login/pw?)

I need to do it this way, through the browser, because I am, in effect,
logging in the user's browser to prompt them to do something. I've tried
calling the "Default browser" with various incantations of exec() and
backticks, but it's dog-slow.

Here's the closest I got, and it doesn't work:

<?
        // AN ABORTIVE ATTEMPT TO USE FORM POST...
        $a=array(
                'a',
                '=',
                '5',
                );
        foreach($a as $k => $td)
                {
                $key=$k+1;
                $pass[$key]=ord($td);
                }

        $browser = new COM("InternetExplorer.Application");
        $browser->Visible = true;
        $browser->Navigate(
                "http://chico.benjamindsmith.com/show.php",
                null,
                null,
                $pass,
        return false;
?>

Has anybody successfully done stuff like this?

-Ben

--
"I kept looking around for somebody to solve the problem.
Then I realized I am somebody"