List:       php-gtk-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP-GTK] trees and paths
From:       Benjamin Smith <bens () effortlessis ! com>
Date:       2003-12-23 0:00:46

Dimitri,

Well, I'm going thru my email-list archives, and it might be a bit late, but
I've used $ctree->Node_Set_Row_Data() for a similar function to good
success...
http://gtk.php.net/manual/en/gtk.gtkctree.method.node_set_row_data.php

Combine this with the children() function on
http://gtk.php.net/manual/en/gtk.gtkctree.method.post_recursive.php

and you have a mechanism for dealing with ctree without storing anything in a
fancy hash or anything.

I then call a recursive function defined something like

Function GetStuff($ctree, $node=null, $return='')

as in

<?
$data=GetStuff($ctree);
?>

I use various means to actually SAVE the data in the $data variable, so I
don't give the whole function.

However, I've used

$data[name]=$NameOfMemVariable;
$data[data]=$ArrayOfData;
$ctree->Node_Set_Row_Data($data);

I hope this, along with the Print_Display() function I noted on
http://gtk.php.net/manual/en/gtk.gtkctree.php
proves to be helpful!

-Ben