List:       php-gtk-doc
Subject:    RE: [PHP-GTK-DOC] Want translate to pt_BR
From:       Steph <steph.fox () virgin ! net>
Date:       2003-11-12 22:20:50

> Hi!

Hi Fernando!

> I want translate the documentation to pt_BR. I translate the PHP manual to
> pt_BR and now want translate the php-gtk.

Cool :)

> What I need to do?
> My username on php.net is fernandoc

First we need to get your cvs karma extended, I forwarded your mail to group
with that request and hopefully someone'll give it fairly soon.  When it
comes through, check out php-gtk-doc and take a look.

I have some db-capable webspace for the first time in months, but my hard
drive with my old docs admin website on it died two weeks before I got said
webspace, otherwise I could point you to that :(

GtkObject is still unfinished, as is GtkWidget.  Most of the other stuff on
there _that is filled in_ is complete.  Please don't translate any files
where the methods are either empty or partially-filled, for now at least. I
want to try and complete the English version of the manual before PHP5.0.0
is released (current eta: christmas); at present I don't even have build
tools for the manual due to the death of the hard drive.

We use straightforward xml.  I don't think you'll have a problem with that
:)

The build uses xsltproc, I think php-doc use the same now? - if so good, I
don't need to explain much :)  It's autoconf, ./configure,
./configure --with-lang=pt_BR, make bigmanual.html OR make phpweb OR make
searchable (local search, which I haven't fixed properly).  The first
./configure creates a UTF-8 version of everything that exists in English,
which provides the originating files you don't have in pt_BR yet.  The whole
of php-gtk-doc is made from and generates UTF-8 files now, although you
actually _write_ it using your local encoding.  It's probably very klutzy
but it works ..  NB you only need to rerun that first ./configure after
something's been updated in the php-gtk-doc/en, and it checks against
existing files, so the first time should be the worst time.

You don't need to use &egrave; kind of stuff at all, just write as normal.

You DO need &amp;, &gt;, &lt;, and &quot;, but you'll see that in the
English files.

Hope that all makes sense to you, & that you enjoy doing this :)

Thanks -

Steph