List:       php-gtk-dev
Subject:    Re: [PHP-GTK-DEV] freshmeat
From:       24.247.219.180
Date:       2007-09-29 2:24:32

Andrei Zmievski wrote:
> On Sep 28, 2007, at 7:05 AM, Elizabeth Smith wrote:
>
>> The only ones I've really noticed involved the deprecation of some gtk
>> stuff in favor of the (almost) identical glib versions
>>
>> The gtk_timeout_* are deprecated in favor of the glib varieties -
>> since 2.4
>> The gtk_idle_* are deprecated in favor of the glib varieties since 2.4
>> The gtk_input_* are deprecated in favor of the glib varieties since 2.4
>
> Yes, I know. We're using the glib versions but namespacing them in Gtk::
> because there's no other place to stick them.

Take a second look, we're not using ALL of the glib versions in favor of
the deprecated ones, gtk_idle_remove instead of g_idle_remove for
example - perhaps that's just an oversight?  It's probably not the best
thing to be mixing the two...  That was probably what was confusing me
more than anything.