List:       php-gtk-dev
Subject:    Re: [PHP-GTK-DEV] Re: GtkSourceView
From:       "Steph Fox" <steph () zend ! com>
Date:       2006-04-15 3:17:52

> Someone had already tried to do that, I think it was when they were
> trying to port MonoDevelop to Windows. Don't know how far they got and
> don't know if it'll help you though:
>
> http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfref_library/detail.php?reference_id=616

Yeah, I found that. It's not greatly helpful because it isn't a native port.

>> I'm not sure the libgnomeprint part is 100% needed under win32, but I'll
>> have a go at building it that way anyway tomorrow and see where we go
>> from there. It'll most likely get ifdef'd out in the end - not least to
>> keep the number of files for download to a minimum!
>
> It actually isn't needed. libgnomeprint is only required when someone is
> trying to print out some content from the sourceview. It interfaces with
> the GnomePrintConfig module (on the Gnome desktop environment of course)
> to handle the printing part.

libgnomeprint is actually ported to win32 already, that's the only reason
I'm keeping my options open with it :)

I'd expect it to be unnecessary under doze tho', truthfully. There are other
ways here.

> In fact, those print functions don't work currently on *nix too, not
> until I commit the Bonobo and Gnome extensions atleast :)

I remember being young and thinking Bonobo was a wonderful idea - how far
did it get?

> I should probably remove those functions from the .defs file, what do
> you say?

I say, let me build/test first, and let me ifdef if they don't pan out under
doze.  Unless they really won't work under *nix, leastways, in which case
ifdef 'em out for everything until HAVE_BONOBO.

- Steph