List:       php-gtk-dev
Subject:    [PHP-GTK-DEV] GtkSourceView
From:       "Steph Fox" <steph () zend ! com>
Date:       2006-04-14 22:05:29

Hi Anant,

I had a try at porting the GtkSourceView extension to win32 tonight.

Two comments:

1) --enable-whatever is usually used when no external libs/headers are
needed. Given that I had to download three separate projects (gtksourceview
itself, libgnomeprint and libart_lgpl) to get anywhere at all; it should
really be --with-sourceview in this case.

2) You don't need that modifyGenerated.php file. All you need is the line

#include "php_gtk_api.h"

at the end of your include list, and you'll have access to all the classes
you need from ext/gtk+.

As far as the win32 thing goes, I got as far as failed links - in other
words, if I'd had a static libsourceview sitting there to link against it
would've worked. So I need to figure how to build that library.

I'm not sure the libgnomeprint part is 100% needed under win32, but I'll
have a go at building it that way anyway tomorrow and see where we go from
there. It'll most likely get ifdef'd out in the end - not least to keep the
number of files for download to a minimum!

Cheers,

- Steph