List:       php-gtk-dev
Subject:    [PHP-GTK-DEV] Manual stuff - was [PHP-GTK-DEV] a couple of functions needed
From:       "Steph" <Steph.Fox () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2001-10-17 23:40:38

Just so everyone's aware -

In this instance, I had misread the header file at the first pass, and both the \
methods I was asking to be implemented are actually deprecated in GTK+2.0  (oops).

The conclusion of the subsequent discussion between Andrei & self was that most of \
the major changes in GTK2.0 are internal rather than external, and won't be evident \
to PHP-GTK users.  It seems sensible that the manual should highlight \
deprecated/broken functions and classes, giving alternatives where they exist, & \
ensuring that the given alternatives are implemented in both current PHP-GTK and in \
GTK2.0.  There are a few places where the entire philosophy behind a class has been \
altered radically, and in those cases we should make a point of saying that this is \
so & that coding using these classes will need to be rewritten at some point, & \
provide a link to the relevant GTK2.0 manual page for now alongside instructions for \
using the current implementation.

Functions/methods exposed in PHP-GTK source but not yet implemented should be covered \
and marked as *not implemented*  where they are likely to be implemented in the \
future, ie are not marked as deprecated in GTK+1.3.9.  Anyone doing this in the \
manual should mention it to the dev list.

Hope that sounds like a fair assessment, Andrei ...