From php-general Thu Aug 17 14:50:31 2000 From: "Hummel, Timo" Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:50:31 +0000 To: php-general Subject: [PHP] HTML Form Management X-MARC-Message: https://marc.info/?l=php-general&m=96652372628698 Hi! I've been working with PHP for over a year now and I've had the task to build several form to do update/insert/delete tasks on a database. Altough the tasks are quite the same, the process to create the forms are always very different. A more specific example: We've got a news database. The end user is provided a HTML form to update, edit and delete news entries in different languages. The thing I've to do is to create a PHP-Script to display the form, doing actions (like update, insert, delete). A generic framework would look like this:
blahblah... Now I've been looking for a class or method to simplify form processing. Things that should be included are: Parameter passing. It is important that the class or method fits in other environments. For example, I'm using a php3 script to dynamically load subdocuments (virtual frames). An example (currently in german only) can be found at http://www.elektro-kartell.de. In this example, I have the three parameters main, menu and location. These parameters need ALWAYS be passed over, since they control the content to be shown. Easier data output. The constructs "while (x = mysql_fetch_array);" and associated commands to print out the resulting form should be simplified somehow. Maybe defining an external HTML template could help here. Action handling. Updating/Inserting/Deleting records should be automatically handled by the class or method. If there's no class for this yet, I'd be ready to manage a team who tries to build such a class. Thanks Timo Timo Hummel SAP IT Enduser Services Phone: +49 (0)6227 764204 EVZ, CU.22 Fax: +49 (0)6227 774204 Neurottstr. 16 E-Mail: timo.hummel@sap.com 69190 Walldorf / Baden -- PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/) To unsubscribe, e-mail: php-general-unsubscribe@lists.php.net For additional commands, e-mail: php-general-help@lists.php.net To contact the list administrators, e-mail: php-list-admin@lists.php.net