List:       php-general
Subject:    RE: [PHP3] Oraclei as a web backend
From:       "Dean, John" <DEANJX () mail ! aramco ! com ! sa>
Date:       1999-11-12 8:33:28

Yes, We use Oracle 8i and believe me it requires a lot of resources i.e.
minimum RAM 256Mb minimum HD space 1Gb. And that is just to run stand alone.
Those resources increase exponentially with the number of users until you
arrive at the situation where you'll need to move over to a mainframe just
to run your DB back-end. But than again we do have a few thousand people
logging on to the system at one time.
John