List:       php-general
Subject:    [PHP3] Re: php3 Digest 28 May 1998 10:00:00 -0000 Issue 208
From:       Barbos <barbos () moon ! ro>
Date:       1998-05-29 16:43:06

> when I try to build apache with mySQL support I get
> this error:
> gcc    -o httpd alloc.o http_main.o http_core.o http_config.o
> http_request.o  http_log.o http_protocol.o rfc1413.o util.o util_script.o
> modules.o buff.o md5c.o util_md5.o explain.o http_bprintf.o util_date.o
> util_snprintf.o mod_env.o  mod_log_config.o  mod_mime.o  mod_negotiation.o
> mod_include.o  mod_dir.o  mod_cgi.o  mod_asis.o  mod_imap.o  mod_actions.o
> mod_userdir.o  mod_alias.o  mod_rewrite.o  mod_access.o  mod_auth.o
> mod_browser.o  mod_php3.o regex/libregex.a IBS -L. -lphp3   -lm -lcrypt
> -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lcrypt
> gcc: IBS: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1

Hi

Obviously the problem is that you don't have the IBS library on your system. :-)

When you compile PHP as an Apache module, you have to make some changes to Apache \
"Configuration" file. One of the changes has something to do with some library \
settings (it's at the beginning of the file, I think). There you have copied almost \
                the whole line (which looks like "$LIBS -L. -lphp3   -lm -lcrypt
-L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lcrypt" in your case) from PHP module \
configuration instead of copying only the library references. The error is the \
"$LIBS" which is interpreted as equivalent to "-L IBS".  So, deleteing the "$LIBS" on \
this line should solve your problem.

BTW this problem is common for all modules that need extra libraries.

Mihai