List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP] [PHP7][Bug?] What is the difference between 'boolean' and 'bool'?
From:       David Harkness <david.h () highgearmedia ! com>
Date:       2015-12-17 21:45:35

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 12:55 AM, Christoph Becker <cmbecker69@gmx.de>
wrote:

> There has already been at least one closely related report, and this
> has been tagged as "not a bug", so it probably doesn't make sense to
> report the issue again. :)

That's a bummer. Leaving the boolean alias in but working in only some
cases is a recipe for confusion as this thread shows. But thanks for the
background; though I disagree with their position, at least I know about it
now. Didn't G.I. Joe have something to say about knowing? ;)

Note that NULL is acceptable if given as default argument, though.

Ah, well half a loaf and all that... That requires all following parameters
to become optional too, but at least it's possible.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 3:08 AM, Daniel Korner <daniel.korner@tu-dortmund.de
> wrote:

> I guess I'm going to avoid aliases as much as possible.

Wise advice!

Anyway, I think this sort of information (no alias support for type hinting)
> should be in the documentation (at least as a side note). I'm going to
> open a
> ticket for that :)

Agreed, and if you post the URL I'll gladly vote for it.

Thanks,
David