List:       php-general
Subject:    [PHP] Need pro advice: Is Pear installed and/or setup correctly?
From:       Micky Hulse <mickyhulse.lists () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-27 17:27:27

What do you think this means.

This code:

[code]

<?php

	ini_set('display_errors', 1);
	error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
	include_once('Mail.php');
	include_once('Mail_Mime/mime.php');

?>

[/code]

Outputs these error messages:

http://pastebin.com/ZKtyELT1

But this code:

[code]

<?php
	require_once 'System.php';
	var_dump(class_exists('System', false));
?>

[/code]

Returns "bool(true)"

Looking at these docs:

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.checking.php

... it says:

"In every case, PEAR's php_dir should be in the include path. If not,
add it in your system's php.ini."

When viewing PHP info, I do not see "php_dir" in the include path (or
anywhere else... Nor do I see any reference to "pear".)

My friend told me that the host said Pear "is installed."

I tried adding a php.ini to the root of the server (I don't know much
about this host's setup... I am just helping a friend out) but that
did not seem to load.

I don't have shell access either.

Would it be safe for me to conclude that Pair is not setup properly?
Would it be a simple fix for the host to add Pear to the include path?
What else could I do to get Pear to work if I can't use a php.ini file
and/or ssh into the server and check/tweak/install packages?

Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Micky