List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP] Poor newsgroup server performance
From:       Steve Staples <sstaples () mnsi ! net>
Date:       2010-11-29 18:53:13

On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 13:01 -0500, Daniel Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:52, Al <news@ridersite.org> wrote:
> > On 11/29/2010 11:03 AM, Daniel P. Brown wrote:
> >>
> >>     Via what news server(s), Al?
> >>

> > news.php.net
>
>     Okay, figured as much.  I had mentioned some time ago that I would
> look into adding an NNTP-only mirror of news.php.net because of those
> issues, so I'll get to work on that this week.  I'm working to revamp
> some of the php.net infrastructure as it is, so that won't be too much
> additional work.
>
>     (Famous last words....)
>
> --
> </Daniel P. Brown>
> Network Infrastructure Manager
> Documentation, Webmaster Teams
> http://www.php.net/

i remember telling a client that..  oh yeah, you're just moving cpanel
accounts to a new cpanel server... shoulnd't take more than a few hours
to copy it over, and dns to propagate..   36 hours later, and no
sleep... i got it done... barely in time for his clients to log back in
at 8am... that was a stressful weekend...

steve