List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP] Strategy to protect images
From:       Børge_Holen <borge () arivene ! net>
Date:       2008-06-15 20:02:10

On Sunday 15 June 2008 14:25:36 Nirmalya Lahiri wrote:
>  Yes... you can do it. Instade of direct url image, use the url of a php
> script written(algorithm) below..
>
> <?php
> /*
> Write down the code to check
> authentication of users
> if( unauthorise user )
>  then exit from code
> */
>
> /* Read the image data from file */
> header('Content-type: image/jpeg');
> /* echo the raw image data */
> ?>

I used this method to put out images, some of witch was our own that had to be
watermarked and the rest just echoed.
Then I didn't have to care if someone just addressed site.com/images?id=2
or just site.com/index.php
I got credit for my own images.
Watermarking must be one of the best hinderance to keep ppl from using their
images without asking. Of course not putting them out at all, should be
considered.

Heh while on topic, if for one reason you _need_ to have visitors on your site
and not just the shortcuts to the important stuff(?), you probably do that
for comercial reasons, witch implies a login system, witch would make denying
access easy. =D

For a ad bogged down site, witch also would like to hinder guest to access
material their prefered way.... yeah well, Hope they go backrupt

> ---
> Nirmalya Lahiri
> [+91-9433113536]

---