List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP] Question about sqli class
From:       "Richard Lynch" <ceo () l-i-e ! com>
Date:       2007-12-31 0:45:36

On Sun, December 30, 2007 1:11 pm, alvaro wrote:
> I donīt know if this is the correct place to ask this questions but I
> haver some doubts about using mysqli class in php. I am designing a
> web place using wamp2 (php5, mysql 5.0.x ....). My databases have been
> done using phpmyadmin so they are "normal" mysql, I mean that I have
> done nothing with SQLITE. On the other hand, I am accessing to my
> databases and tables using mysqli class and methods  for example:
> $conn = new mysqli ( ..........)      (this is what I am using)
> I am using that because I read in the internet that mysqli methods
> where more efficient but I donīt know if itīs correct to use that
> methods with my mysql database (it runs perfect).

You can use either of the clients to access the DB safely.
[At least in theory.  I suppose there could exist some unknown bug
that makes a serious difference...]

> so... is it correct?  supposing that itīs correct to use it......is it
> faster and better to use mysqli methods than using the functions that
> were used before these new classes appeared?

It might or might not be faster, depending on a lot of factors, I
suspect...

It also might be a lot less stable, since it's a lot less pounded upon
by millions of users.

The speed difference will probably be completely irrelevant to you in
your real-life usage, if you're having to ask here...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?