List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP] [RFC] HTTP timezone
From:       info () phpyellow ! com
Date:       2007-06-10 20:40:07

I agree with Tijnema he's hit the nail on the head. And the inability to handle daylight time really is a big potential snag - who in North America isn't on daylight time at some point in the year?  If the timezone data is unreliable then no thinking developer will use it. The question then becomes: As a developer why WOULD you use unreliable timezone data?

Sincerely,
Rob

// Flag images, ISO codes & PHP scripts for MySql Country data field
// http://www.globalissa.com/demos/countries/about/index.php