List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP] [RFC] HTTP timezone
From:       Stut <stuttle () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-09 16:08:08

Stefanos Harhalakis wrote:
> On Saturday 09 June 2007, Daniel Brown wrote:
>> On 6/9/07, Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@priest.com> wrote:
>>>   I'm currently writting and Internet Draft candidate to describe an HTTP
>>> header that will be used to transfer timezone information from browsers
>>> to servers. Compliant browsers will need to send a timezone string:
>>>
>>     It's a good idea, but in no way related to PHP.
>
>   Just wanted the opinion of PHP people/developers since PHP programmers will
> be most affected by this. Can you point me to the proper php related list to
> ask?

I fail to see how "PHP programmers will be most affected by this" since
it would equally apply to any web developer using any language.

However, I like the idea but would modify it slightly such that it send
an RFC 2822 formatted date which will include the timezone but would
also allow the server to determine if the datetime on the client is
wrong. This can be important for applications that make extensive use of
client-side technologies such as Javascript.

-Stut