List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP] only one at atime
From:       Ed Lazor <edlazor () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-10-31 19:06:15

On Oct 31, 2006, at 2:29 AM, Ahmad Al-Twaijiry wrote:

> We have a virtual stock exchange site (for learning purpose) we put
> all the bids and offers in  a table and every minute we run the php
> script to make the exchange
>
> but my customer want to make it less than 1 minute

I can tell there's something I'm missing here.  I suspect it has to
do with the operation of how the bid/offer exchange process actually
works.  I'm assuming that the bid is the asking price for the stock,
one bid will receive multiple offers, and your script "sells" the
stock to the highest bidder within a given time frame.  Is that right?

-Ed