List:       php-general
Subject:    [PHP] Re: input type=file problem                                                                (Ma
From:       80.177.152.88
Date:       2005-07-31 21:42:29

Ryan A wrote:
> The problem is, if she has tried to upload a pic at the same time and
> screwed up on the date of birth I am unable
> to send back the value of the FILE box so that too get populated... I
> tried setting a VALUE="path/file" but that
> does not work.

As has already been pointed out, you can't set the value of the file input.
What you can do though is to keep the image uploaded the first time round,
and send back a form adding a "Keep existing upload" (perhaps along with a
thumbnail of the image), thus saving the user from uploading the image over
and over until they fill in the rest of the form correctly.

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>
                     Home is where the ~/.bashrc is