List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP] empty function and array indices
From:       "Mark Cain" <mark () markcain ! com>
Date:       2005-05-01 22:35:01

From the Manual:

empty() is the opposite of (boolean) var, except that no warning is
generated when the variable is not set

It appears that there is a revamp of what is considered to be empty in PHP
5.

http://php.net/empty

You might be better served with
array_key_exists()

such as:
 echo array_key_exists('c', $a)? 'empty':'not empty';

Mark Cain