List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP] php fam problems
From:       Benjamin Adler <benadler () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-08-06 22:18:46

Jay, thank you for your answer!

The fact that fam_monitor_directory is non-recursive gives me trouble since I
need to monitor a whole tree of directories and files.

I could easily traverse all subdirectories and add them to the fam resource
with fam_monitor_directory. But unfortunately, the 'file' in the array I get
from fam_next_event() contains only the file-basename, not the full path of
the file. So I'll never know where in my directory-tree the current file is.
And since there might be multiple files with the same basename in different
monitored directories, I'm stuck.

How can I monitor multiple directories and get to know exactly which file
changed? Will I have to create as many fam-resources as I have directories?

thank you!
ben adler