List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: AW: [PHP] smarty
From:       "Chris de Vidal" <Chris () deVidal ! tv>
Date:       2004-04-16 14:10:20

pete M said:
> Smarty is a cool tool and lots of people use it. You have decided NOT to
> use it.

I don't believe you've read a word I've written.

I've been trying to tell people like myself that one can easily template
with PHP.  I thought I *needed* Smarty or any nice templating engine to
seperate business and presentation logic; I was wrong.  I was ignorant and
perhaps there are others like me.

I've also been saying that I'll probably use Smarty in the future.
Advantages: numerous time-saving built-in functions, performance (debatable)
Disadvantages: must learn yet another language and work with that
language's shortcomings.

I never said I've decided NOT to use it.  I've never said it wasn't a cool
tool.  Please read carefully.

/dev/idal