List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: AW: [PHP] Help with PNG creation script
From:       "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley () pcraft ! com>
Date:       2003-12-31 16:21:10

Marcus Wendt wrote:

>I'd definitivly suggest you NOT to use this database-pointer approach!

    Any particular reason you'd not use a database to hold pointers,
which might become helpful later on when it comes to searching for
"expired" headers to be deleted (as opposed to searching the physical
disk for headers that are n+days old)?

>Instead of simply sending that .png-header once
>you could store the image in a physical file by using an unique ID based
>on the functions arguments.
>Later on just check if a file with this ID exists and return its URL
>instead of calling that function again.

    This is what I want to do.

>I have recently written such a script (to be used as smarty-plugin) tell
>me if you want to have a look at it.

    If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.