List:       php-general
Subject:    RE: [PHP] Can't run PHP cli script from Cron
From:       "Justin Michael Couto" <justincouto () msn ! com>
Date:       2003-02-28 22:52:54

I tried to run the script directly from cron like:

* * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -q /path/to/cron/script/file_name

I also tried to run cron in the bash environment by writing a bash
script that calls my PHP script.  I set cron you call the bash script
every minute. The bash script contained the following information:

================================ START SCRIPT
=============================
#!/usr/local/bin/bash
/path/to/PHP/script/file_name
================================= END SCRIPT
==============================

If I run the bash script from the command line it definitely runs my PHP
script. I know this because my PHP script sends me an email.

Also, if I run my PHP script from the command line it also runs fine and
I receive an email.  However, anytime I try to run PHP script or the
bash script from cron nothing happens.  I get no emails.  I also know
cron is working properly because a regular bash script as I listed in my
earlier posting works fine.

This is using the new CLI that come with PHP 4.3 I have in past versions
of used the CGI from cron with no problems at all.  As a matter of fact
I have another server that does all its maintenance via PHP scripts that
get ran by cron

Here is the PHP CLI cron script I am testing to see if cron will run my
PHP

#!/usr/local/bin/php -q
<?

mail("justincoutou@msn.com","Message From cron",date("F j, Y @ h:i a"));

?>

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Justin