List:       php-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP] is it possible to retrieve email from HOTMAIL
From:       Jono Bacon <jonobacon_lists () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-02-19 12:49:30

Abu Musaab wrote:

> I wonder if it is possible to retrieve emails from an email account
> say in hotmail, yahoo, or any other email provider.
>
> silly hah ..?
>
> Thanx in advance.

I would suggest you look into using sockets to do this. You can open a
connection to any server with fsockopen() and then send data with
fgets(). It should be possible because a web browser works on telnet
port 80, so there is no reason why you should be able to do it in PHP.

The thing you need to know is what kind of conversation the script needs
to have with the server. Try accessing the site in telnet port 80 and
see what happens.

    Jono