List:       php-evangelism
Subject:    research of PHP for nonprofit sites
From:       67.34.17.106
Date:       2005-03-25 5:25:49

Hi,

I hope this thread placed here will help both my project group and the
evangelist list, itself.

I'm doing research on web site development tools for non-profit or charity
sites for a senior-level, group, class project on global communications at
Georgia Tech.

http://www.lcc.gatech.edu/~herrington/classes/gcpsp05/index.html

Our group has to present a proposal on our project, a creative theme
consisting of our own artist's renderings of results from questionnaires
around the USA, Sweden and Russia (where our groups are located) in coping
with the Asian Tsunami Disaster.

The proposal's realized project will be presented on a group made website
which will contain a forum for users to review the art and suggest other
ideas or themes.

Our proposal is a multipage (20 to 30 page) ordeal and we've got that due a
week before the project in mid April.  I will collect as much info as
possible by early next week, so I can get started with development.

My contribution to the project will be two-fold:

1)    My first addition will be a page or two of collected information on
the use/benefits of PHP (and maybe other technologies) in nonprofit
websites.

2)    My second will be the actual development of the site (the backbone
anyway, we've got students with HTML/Flash experience to make it pretty.)
I'm very much leaning towards PHP due to obvious benefits (not to mention
its popularity,) however I need actual proof of concept for my contribution
to our proposal.

All that being said, could someone provide me some feedback or info on PHP
technologies in use in the nonprofit/charity communities?  Opinions, links
to articles, etc. is fair game.  Note, responses may be quoted and
referenced in my portion of our proposal (note: no emails or contact info
will be compromised in the references unless previously published via
article.)

Rest assured, I'll get most of my Google-ing done over the weekend for 'PHP
charity nonprofit'!

Thanks a lot for the help.

Jason Timms