List:       php-db
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DB] ibm db2
From:       Dan Scott <dan.scott () org ! acm ! reverse>
Date:       2001-04-28 18:00:44

Yup, there's been PHP support for DB2 on Linux for quite some time. Use the
--with-ibm-db2[=name] configure option when you build PHP. Then use the
Unified ODBC PHP functions and you're rocking. Under the covers PHP uses
DB2's native CLI interface, so it's quite fast.

(By the way, IBM has been making DB2 available on Linux for a couple of
years now; they shipped a beta version of DB2 5.2, then shipped production
versions of V6.1 and V7.1. Check out the DB2 V7.1 for Linux HOWTO at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DB2-HOWTO for basic DB2 installation
instructions on a number of different Linux distributions).

Dan