List:       php-db
Subject:    [PHP-DB] Re: IBM ODBC Driver
From:       Nick Gorham <nick () lurcher ! org>
Date:       2000-07-17 21:58:33

Mirko Nalesso wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a problem with IBM ODBC driver. I have installed
> IBM DB2 V6.1,  php-4.0.1pl2, apache 1.3.12 , UnixODBC
> on Red Hat 6.2.
> A sample script (for connect with DB2 through ODBC ) get this output:
>
> Warning: SQL error: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0150E Driver not capable.
> SQLSTATE=S1C00, SQL state S1C00 in SQLSetConnectOption in
> /home/db2inst1/htdocs/odbc.php on line 33
> BAD CONNECTION Number -->
>
> My .odbc.ini file is:
>
> [sample]
> Description = Test to DB2
> Driver = DB2
>
> and my odbcinst.ini file is:
>
> [DB2]
> Description = DB2 driver
> Driver = /usr/IBMdb2/V6.1/lib/libdb2.so
> FileUsage = 1
> DontDLClose = 1
>
> In my computer there isn't db2.o file or odbclib directory
> in db2inst1 home. Is this absence the cause of my problem?
> Where can I find (or how can I generate) these files?

Well others may well be able to tell you more, but I got it working by
installing the db2 connection cd, getting the supplied db2 binary to
connect as db2inst1, then using the cli driver to connect via unixODBC
(after seting DB2INSTANCE )

Can you connect using isql ?

--
"I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence,
There's a knob called brightness, but it doesn't work."