List:       php-db
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DB] refreshing index page of MySQL fed web application
From:       "Chris Adams" <chris () digitaria ! com>
Date:       2000-06-30 18:48:09

>Make sure you're using Post to edit data, and not Get. If that doesn't
work,
>try switching browsers. NN hangs on to old data and has to be prompted to
>reload in situations where IE reloads automatically. I maintain a web page
>with the same problem--but only with NN. (For reasons too complicated to
>explain, I'm not allowed to make any attempt to fix it.)

Curiously enough, IE usually does this in my experience. Something like the
below causes everything but IE5 to reliably reload the page. Even with
"Reload every time" set IE5 does not always reload content, including one
memorable occasion where it was showing the last generated HTML instead of
the 500 server error some buggy mod_perl code was getting despite multiple
reloads.

  header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");        // Date in the
past
  header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");  // always
modified
  header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate");        // HTTP/1.1
  header("Pragma: no-cache");                                // HTTP/1.0