List:       php-db
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DB] sqlnet.ora doesn't seem to be read since oci8 1.3.4
From:       Jérôme Loyet <jerome () loyet ! net>
Date:       2009-02-17 21:56:18

2009/2/17 Christopher Jones <christopher.jones@oracle.com>:

> Jérôme Loyet wrote:
>> My init script where the ENV are set:
>>
>> export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/local/oracle/VERSIONS/Linux/CL.9.2.0
>>
>> PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/usr/local/bin
>
> (The admin and lib directories aren't needed in the PATH because they
> don't contain executables.)
>
>> export ORACLE_SID=MEN1PRD
>> export HOSTNAME=`hostname`
>> export NLS_LANG=FRENCH_FRANCE.WE8ISO8859P15
>> export LC_ALL=fr_FR
>> export LANG=fr_FR
>
> Does phpinfo() show these all set in the Environment section? (see the
> Underground Manual again).

Yes all Environment variable are shown in the phpinfo Environement section

> Is sqlnet.ora readable by the Apache process?

Yes, it's 644 and all directories between / and
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin are 755

> What directory is it in?

I don't have access to the server right now, but if I remember good
there is a tnsname.ora, tnsname.ora.sample, sqlnet.ora et two other
files sqlnet.xxx (don't remember the file ext right now)

> Try moving it to /etc/sqlnet.ora (since this is a default search
> location).

I'll try that tomorow

>> Php is loaded by apache as a module
>> OCI8 is compile into PHP and is not a shared module
>>
>> As I explain it before, nothing as changed but the OCI8 version. The
>> ENV var are set the same way.
>
> The OCI initialization function used by OCI8 was standardized to
> OCIEnvNlsCreate() in 1.3.4.  But sqlnet.ora should definitely still be
> usable.

I'll try to make it happened in a total difference environment to see
if it's system related or a bug somewhere.