List:       php-db
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DB] Insecure Hashes (was Re: Beginners Problem)
From:       "J. Hill" <jh () thefirm ! biz>
Date:       2008-01-23 5:01:05

Well, if you're interested in some greater level of security where you
can decrypt, you might want to check out rijndael encryption (a type of
AES). Shane Kretzmann wrote a good rijndael php class that I think is
still on phpclasses.

It can be a bit difficult working with binary passwords, but if you
really need security, it seems like one of the better options.

I've been testing it myself, and the only issue I see is, of course:
keeping the key secret. I've been looking at a few methods, but I'm
always interested in others ideas on that issue.

Regards,

J. Hill