List:       php-db
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DB] different behaviour with CLI and Apache PHP with database
From:       Chris <dmagick () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-27 1:28:27

Jason Cartledge wrote:
> Hello, I have a problem connecting to an Oracle XE database. Here is my code and \
> the output.
>
> jason@home:/var/www/test cat testoci.php
> getMessage();
> }
> ?>
> jason@home:/var/www/test
> jason@home:/var/www/test  php testoci.php
>
> Logon OK
>

> When I navigate to http://localhost/test/testoci.php however I see "DB Error: \
> connect failed"
> My /etc/php5/cli/php.ini and my /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini have the \
> extension=oci8.so line in them.
> When I view the information from phpinfo() for the cli and apache2 execution, it \
> says (this one printed from the cli version)

text emails don't have a right/left column (please don't send us html
emails either) - but there would be something different between the two.

Or - are you running the same file?

Add:

echo 'I am here ' . dirname(__FILE__) . '<br/>';

to the top of your script and make sure it's exactly the same file - if
you see it in one version and not the other, that will be your problem..

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/