List:       php-db
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DB] Connecting to more than 2 databases from a single PHP
From:       Goltsios Theodore <tgol () kinetix ! gr>
Date:       2007-08-20 15:20:42

You can still use PDO in order to access as many databases you need
using different handlers. This is a way for e.g.

  $dbhost1 = 'localhost';
  $dbuser1 = 'test';
  $dbpass1 = '12345';
  $db1 = 'database_name';
  $dbh1 = new PDO('mysql:host='.$dbhost1.';dbname='.$db1, $dbuser1,
$dbpass1);

  $dbhost2 = 'database.example.net';
  $dbuser2 = 'test';
  $dbpass2 = '12345';
  $db2 = 'database_name';
  $dbh2 = new PDO('mysql:host='.$dbhost2.';dbname='.$db2, $dbuser2,
$dbpass2);

You can query the database buy doing:

           $sth = $dbh->prepare($query);
           $sth->execute();

Have in mind that mysql is not the only option you have but you should
check the documentation for more info.

http://www.php.net/manual/el/ref.pdo.php