List:       php-db
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DB] How can i test it?
From:       Stut <stuttle () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-16 12:10:42

joefazee wrote:
> Thanks for your replay.

Sorry, didn't mean to repeat myself.

> Please if you have done anything on socket programming with php before
> where did you save it before testing and how did you tested it?

I use Ubuntu on my development machine, so that's where I test stuff,
but I don't think that's likely to help you.

It sounds to me like you want hand-holding through the development
process. I can do that but I'd expect to be paid market rates!!

There are lots of resources around this area all over the Internet. I
suggest you use Google to find some.

> Stut wrote:
>> joefazee wrote:
>>> i`m writing a socket application using the php socket() function, the
>>> problem
>>> is, how can i run it, i read in some tutorial that i should copy it to
>>> the
>>> server root. which server root?,  Apache?. or did i need to install
>>> windows
>>> server? but i did not have two system. my development system is what i`m
>>> using with Apache to test the web applications. can somebody tell me how
>>> setup this server and run a network application?
>> By "socket application" do you mean a client or a server?
>>
>> If it's a client is it web-based, cli or gui? Actually it doesn't
>> matter, running a client that uses sockets is no different to running a
>> client that doesn't use sockets.
>>
>> I'm assuming you mean a socket server, in which case you probably want
>> to run it on the command line and shove it into the background. This is
>> basic shell stuff and not really to do with PHP. I suggest you find a
>> beginners guide to the OS you're using and do some research on how to
>> run a daemon.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/