List:       php-db
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DB] die vs exception
From:       "Bruce Cowin" <bdc () topenergy ! co ! nz>
Date:       2007-04-30 21:07:35

Cheers, will check it out.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bruce

>>> Chris Verges <chrisv@cyberswitching.com> 30/04/2007 4:46:23 p.m. >>>
The DB and MDB2 packages in the PEAR library use a third option, which is to
return an "Error" subclass as the result rather than "throw"ing it.  Prons
and cons for all, just wanted to throw in this option too.

Btw, both the DB and MDB2 packages are already generic classes that support
mssql as well as other DBMS programs, so if you're not familiar you may want
to look up the details at http://pear.php.net.

Good luck!
Chris