List:       php-db
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DB] How can I solve this?
From:       "Julien Bonastre" <julien () the-spectrum ! org>
Date:       2006-01-20 0:15:58

Thank you,

In fact, its called busy-ness, and I tend to believe I have quite a
prowess in the was of Regular Expressions.

Reason I have the character class? You betchya! So I could do exactly
what your friend did.

Reason I completely forgot? I'm an idiot and was too busy replying to 3
emails at once whilst on a phone call.

My fault? Completely ;-)

Yes, see its called impulsive reasoning, hence the reason I added the
character class without needing it, embedding a character class
predicate such as \w inside a character class enclosure alone is well..
Stupid and reduntant at best..

Therefore there was some sub-concious reasoning to my madness I can
presume. And yes, I also know that that \w class wouldn't cover all the
characters I needed in a possible filename, again, I was careless and
quick

As for the compatibility of the \w character class within sed and awk:

I am well aware that this implementation works on Perl-Compatible
Regular Expression patterns, and is not a necessarily supported by all
regular expression standards

BUT WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK?

But this is a PHP-DB list, he is asking a PHP related question and I
even specifically stated in my response:

preg_replace() which is a PCRE function using the PCRE pattern
modifiers.

And finally this is a mailing list, not a kindergarten room. We're here
to help, assist, and suggest advice. Not to wipe their bottoms.

I posted a suggestive solution to a problem. Thats all

SURE theres going to be different methods of approaching it, SURE it
could not be the most perfect pattern, but its a suggestion where to
head for the correct solution. HELL it wouldn't work with .asp files
either. Or if your files were named .php4 or .phtml

Do I give a damn about that?

No. Are you a tech support officer Jeremy? Do you need to help them
digest their baby jelly food?

Actually, enough of the hostility, I am honoured actually to think you
went to the effort of sending off my 10 second quick drafted suggestive
PCRE pattern off to Eric Pement of MBI..

Wow, touched. Imagine if I gave you guys some REAL PCRE patterns that I
use!!!

Now that you'd honour me for wouldn't you! I can just picture you two
drooling at the mouth now.

So is this Eric friend of yours some RegEx guru? I respect him if so, no
harm intended, but I do think my suggestive help posting to this list
was 'fit for purpose'

He never asked anyone to spoon feed him, and if you want to be a real
world developer you better learn to use your resources and reference
manuals.

I've had enough now.

Adios and cya later mate!

P.S. You (Jeremy) and Eric are Americans right?? :-) Just curious.

---oOo--- Allowing users to execute CGI scripts in any directory should
only be considered if: ... a.. You have no users, and nobody ever visits
your server. ... Extracted Quote: Security Tips - Apache HTTP
Server ---oOo--- ------oOo---------------oOo------ Julien Bonastre
[The_RadiX] The-Spectrum Network CEO ABN: 64 235 749 494
julien@the-spectrum.org
www.the-spectrum.org ------oOo---------------oOo------